LOVE TO READ? WANT TO READ FOR FREE?

BACKGROUND
I love to read. I love to share. I would love to share my passion for reading with all of you.

HOW THIS BOOK CLUB WORKS

It's a very simple concept. I have a book and I want to share it with you. Just follow these simple steps.

  • #Browse through my collection of books. For tips on how to find a book click here.
  • #Choose one you like. I have provided a plot summary and review for each book to help you.
  • #Leave a comment under that particular post ("I want to borrow this book" or something similar).
  • #Contact me at thehidayahstory@yahoo.com and leave your name and mailing address.
  • #I will mail the book to you and you can read it.


THE INTERESTING BIT

In order to promote reading to others too please do these simple steps.

  • #Tell all your book loving friends.
  • #You may keep the book for 2 weeks (upon recieving it- so notify me when it arrives safely- extensions are negotiable).
  • #After that, please mail it to the next person requesting the book (contact me to get their address). If nobody else has requested the book, simply mail it back to me.


  • Hmm.. I wonder if this crazy idea will actually work...

    ||Sticky Post|| *scroll down to see the books

Looking for something? Search by genre, author or title.

Hidayah's Book Club

21.8.10

The Compass by Tammy Kling




Basic plot

The Compass is a life transformation novel that will guide you on a journey of self-discovery. At the core of The Compass are specific life lessons about belief systems, authenticity, and understanding who you really are in order to live out your destiny. Jonathan, the main character, escapes his suburban life after a tragedy that alters his existence and plans for the future.
Numb and paralyzed by grief, Jonathan decides to journey across the globe in an effort to realign his inner compass. He sets off with a backpack, leaving behind his career, friends, family, and home, to journey around the world. His travels begin in the dry desert of Nevada, and continue on to the pristine mountains of the Adirondacks, and then to a medieval village in Romania. In every destination Jonathan encounters one pivotal person who offers a major life lesson, and he begins to realize that each individual was placed there for a reason, and represents a specific element of life.
The Compass is a metaphor for the journey of life, with its intermittent peaks and valleys. Each destination Jonathan visits is unique with a diverse mix of people, representing the kaleidoscope of our individual lives. His journey of self-discovery will move you to contemplate your own life, gaining valuable lessons along the way. (source)

My review (on Visual Bookshelf)

The reason I rarely read self-help books or 'inspiring' books is because I always find them too simplistic. I find it hard to believe that such obviously 'feel-good' steps can work. Admittedly I am a pessimist, contradictory since I am a hard-core (hehe) daydreamer and firm believer in happy endings. This book was less "preachy" than most, and there were some really beautiful quotes..and I hope I learnt something about letting go. Thumbs up. Rating:3.5/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails