LOVE TO READ? WANT TO READ FOR FREE?

BACKGROUND
I love to read. I love to share. I would love to share my passion for reading with all of you.

HOW THIS BOOK CLUB WORKS

It's a very simple concept. I have a book and I want to share it with you. Just follow these simple steps.

  • #Browse through my collection of books. For tips on how to find a book click here.
  • #Choose one you like. I have provided a plot summary and review for each book to help you.
  • #Leave a comment under that particular post ("I want to borrow this book" or something similar).
  • #Contact me at thehidayahstory@yahoo.com and leave your name and mailing address.
  • #I will mail the book to you and you can read it.


THE INTERESTING BIT

In order to promote reading to others too please do these simple steps.

  • #Tell all your book loving friends.
  • #You may keep the book for 2 weeks (upon recieving it- so notify me when it arrives safely- extensions are negotiable).
  • #After that, please mail it to the next person requesting the book (contact me to get their address). If nobody else has requested the book, simply mail it back to me.


  • Hmm.. I wonder if this crazy idea will actually work...

    ||Sticky Post|| *scroll down to see the books

Looking for something? Search by genre, author or title.

Hidayah's Book Club

3.5.11

First Impression || The Girl who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

Blurb: 
The Expose
Mikael Blomkovist has made a reputation exposing corrupt establishment figures. So when a young journalist approaches him with an investigation into sex trafficking, Blomkovist cannot resist waging a war on the powerful figures within this lucrative industry.
The Murder
When a young couple are found dead in their Stockholm apartment, it's a straightforward job for Inspector Bublanski and his team. The killer left the weapon at the scene- and the fingerprints on the gun point only in one direction.
The Girl who Played with Fire
Lisbeth Sander is wanted for murder. Her history of vengeful behaviour makes her an official danger to society- but no-one can find her. The only way Salander can be reached is by computer. BUt she can break into almost any network she chooses...

She lay on her back fastened by leather straps to a narrow bed with a steel frame. - 1st line



The cover: My book has the same cover as the movie poster. It's a really powerful image of a strong young woman (played by Noomi Rapace in the movie). I love the flames that cover one side of her face, so befitting the title of the book. Also a very smart touch that the flame is in the shape of a dragon. 

The story: This book is Book 2 of the Millenium trilogy, written by Stieg Larson and became an international bestseller posthumously. I had previously lent the 1st book (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) to Dr Yati (a close friend and avid book reader), and she enjoyed that book immensely. She was disappointed that I lacked the forethought to buy all three books (actually, at the time, I lacked the funds..hehe), so she promptly went out and bought Books 2&3. Imagine my delight when she told me that she was not going to lend me the books to read but to GIFT them both to this little book club so everyone (me included!) can enjoy it. After reading the prologue, I am sure that this will be a great read. Thanks!

Advanced star rating: 4/5

This First Impression is part of my friend CJ's First Impression meme on his blog Coffee N Crackers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails